The focus of this job is identifying colleges with autism programs. The research intern has the primary role of reviewing college websites to determine if the college has either programs for students with autism spectrum disorder or offers support services that would be beneficial for students with autism spectrum disorder. When programs or services are identified, the research intern has the responsibility of contacting the program by email, phone call or Zoom to obtain additional information regarding their services. The research intern also has the responsibility of re-contacting schools on the database to confirm that the details regarding their programs are up to date. Paid training will be provided.
- Available to work eight hours a week. Some of the hours must be from 9-4 p.m. This is not a school year position. Time off will be provided but will not be as lengthy as school breaks.
- Ability to plan out work schedule ahead of time in order to be available for a weekly meeting.
- Ability to contact program directors of colleges with autism programs by phone and email in order to obtain information regarding autism programs.
- Ability to contact program directors at colleges to obtain information regarding services that are beneficial to college students with autism.
- Ability to capture information obtained via telephone in a clear, comprehensive, and organized written format.
- Ability to send email requests to colleges and universities for logos and pictures.
- Ability to ask for help, support, or clarification when needed.
- Ability to meet with existing ASD Ascend staff via Zoom or FaceTime for virtual meetings.
- A program participant in a program for students with autism or has experience with colleges with autism programs.
- Experience with Google Sheets or Excel.
Pay rate: $15 per hour
Closing date is March 31, 2021.
Please send your resume to email@example.com